“Toggl’s time tracker is built for speed and ease of use. Time keeping with Toggl is so simple that you’ll actually use it.”
The folks at Toggl have created a simple and fast time tracking feature. For companies that need to match time spent against issues, projects and users, Toggl makes it super easy to record and report on time spent.
So MantisHub have just rolled out a new integration with Toggl to put this great tool at your fingertips. Simply install the Toggl chrome extension and you can now record your time when working on an issues with just a click.
Select the issue that you’re working on in MantisHub and you’ll see the shiny red button at the top of the page. Click the red button to start the toggl timer and it will create a toggl record automatically populated with your MantisHub issue details!
Once you’re done, you can stop the timer or just move straight onto your next issue, where you”ll find that shiny red button again. Install the Toggl app for a great way to manage your timer and you can switch between issues here as well.
Just another example of how the team are working to make your MantisHub experience more productive.
For those of you who have already signed up for a free trial, here’s a tip to get you going.
If you log into your new trial and head to your ‘My View’ page we have a little Getting Started guide for first time users. It covers the steps involved to get projects going and create issues.
If you’re tired of reading and you just want someone to tell you how to do it, we just put together a little walk-through video for you. Go ahead and check it out!
We know you’ve probably got a long list of possible issue and bug trackers that you could use and may have already signed up for a bunch of trials. We want to help you out!
Now when you sign up for a our free trial, you’ll automatically be subscribed to our 10 day email training program to walk you through everything you need to know to determine if MantisHub is for you. We’ll cover the basic getting started tasks, our great features and plugins, customization options and much more. You’ll also have the opportunity to take advantage of our special offers!
We feel priviledged that we made it onto your list and don’t take that for granted. Time is a valuable commodity and we’ve highlighted the great things about MantisHub into 10 bite sized email for you.
If you still have questions, our friendly support team can answer them for you. Just drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
MantisHub provides several possibilities for connecting with other systems. Whether it is through email reporting, CSV import/export, or through its API. Among these, the API is the most powerful and automation-friendly way to extend MantisHub.
So if you are a developer, the API will enable you to create great end-to-end scenarios. Whether it is to auto-create issues for build failures, crashes in production, or sending daily reports based on pre-defined filters.
To make this easier, we have created client libraries that provides an easy way to leverage the API. We’ve open sourced these libraries and made them available through our github organization.
Since MantisHub API is SOAP based webservice, it is also easy to auto-generate proxy clients for any language using the appropriate language specific tool chain.
So whatever integration or automation scenario you have in mind, checkout out our API.
The possibilities are endless…
For some companies a simple bug tracking tool without the hassle and complexity of installing, maintaining and supporting it in-house is the best fit. Some companies just want to get up and running now, while keeping their team focused on their business! If a cloud solution is the best fit for you, take a look at MantisHub.
Utilizing the great features and usability of the highly popular MantisBT, MantisHub offers a bug and issue tracking software service solution so you can avoid the setup and maintenance overhead.
When you sign up with MantisHub for your issue tracking needs, what you’ll get is:
- Premium Support by the people who know MantisBT best,
- Automatic Software Updates for bug fixes,
- New Features as they are available which may not be available yet on MantisBT (e.g. modern UI, enhanced plugins, advanced email reporting) and
- Daily Backups to secure your data.
- Latest security updates.
With a free trial period, no credit card requirement, plans starting as cheap as $15 per month (even cheaper for annual plans) and no long term commitment there is no excuse not to SIGN UP NOW.
Check out this walk through video for how to sign up and get going in 2 minutes.
In December we rolled out a bunch of new updates including:
- Using API Tokens to access MantisHub for enabling generation of tokens to be used by services and apps to connect to MantisHub without sharing user’s passwords.
- Understanding Email Notifications via EventLog Plugin – often actual email notifications are different from administrators expectations due to MantisHub config or user preferences. Installing this plugin helps administrators figure out the reason why users get or don’t get notified about a change.
- Support for issue notes as a column that can be selected via Manage Columns. The typical usage would be to export issue notes to CSV or Excel.
- Support for exporting billing information to CSV or Excel, providing users with the ability to edit the information in Excel before sending to clients.
- Custom field “required on resolve” wasn’t being enforced.
- Disallow deletion / disabling of last administrator to make sure administrators can’t lock themselves out.
- Fix for email notifications on update where email notifications on issue updates were not triggered when email notification configurations were overriden.
- MantisTouch was updated with several fixes and improvements.
We would like to take this opportunity to wish all our users a Happy new year. Best wishes for 2016.
Did you know you can personalize your MantisHub? We don’t need our name everywhere on your MantisHub. Make it your own by having your company name and logo displayed.
You can read about how to do this in our KB articles via support.mantishub.com or check out this how-to video for a walk-through.
A new release of MantisTouch has been published with following improvements.
- Support date custom field
- mcrypt_encrypt(): Key of size 9 not supported by this algorithm
- Users get treated as readonly if they login with wrong username case
- Add wsdl file locally to avoid hangs and improve performance vs loading it remotely
- Added German localization
- Added Dutch localization
- Some UI strings were not localized
MantisHub users already got the update. Others can download it from the same URL they got at purchase.
All MantisTouch v1.2.0 users are encouraged to upgrade by downloading new package and copying over existing installation. For instances older than v1.2.0, checkout the v1.2.0 release post for upgrade instructions.
Often users are not sure why user X did or didn’t receive an email notification about an action on issue Y. We have added support for EventLog plugin which when installed helps answering this question by showing the action, its timestamp, who triggered the action, the high level description, and why users were added or removed from the notification list.
To install the plugin, administrators can go to Manage – Manage Plugins and click the install link next to the EventLog plugin. This will start the process or recording such diagnostic information. Once done, you can go to the same place and uninstall the plugin.
If the behavior is different than you expect, then it will likely be due to configuration or user preferences. Feel free to contact support for help.
Here is a screenshot showing some sample output for the EventLog plugin that administrators can access by going to Manage – Event Log.
API tokens provide users with more control, convenience, visibility and security when providing other services and apps access to their MantisHub.
Here are some of the benefits of API tokens compared to use of passwords:
- Tokens are 32 characters long and cryptographically secure, hence, they are much more secure than user passwords.
- Tokens are generated by MantisHub, hence, they are not going to be shared passwords with any other internet services that the users use.
- Users have visibility on when each token was last used to access MantisHub.
- Users can revoke one of the tokens without impacting others. Hence, can selectively deny access to specific services.
- Users can change their passwords without affecting the validity of the API tokens.
Users can generate API tokens via their My Account – API tokens. The tokens are only displayed once and should be used for one integration. The tokens can be passed in the password field when calling the MantisHub SOAP APIs. Note that it can’t be used to login via the MantisHub login page.