MantisHub has just launched a super useful plugin exclusive for MantisHub customers to help you handle those regular ongoing tasks that every team has on their plate.
There is only so much information you can fit into a calendar reminder so having the added functionality of automatic creation of an issue that you can track through to completion, which includes any repetitive data and details, inherits default field values (e.g. priority or due dates), automatically assigned to the right person as well as triggering email notifications (or integrated with your chat application) to keep everyone in the loop is a huge bonus!
Available for Platinum and above plans, our Recurring tasks plugin allows you to set a schedule for automatic creation of issues with your desired settings.
Tasks can be set daily, weekly, monthly or annually and you can set a default description and assignment as well as restrict the number of times the task is created.
The use cases are endless. You can use it to automatically create issues and track tasks. such as:
- annual service subscription renewals or performance appraisals
- monthly reporting, invoicing, or payroll
- weekly check on cloud consumption costs to avoid surprises.
- daily dashboard and log checks
You know your system best and how recurring tasks can help in your workflow and business processes to improve efficiency. And to make sure those repetitive tasks (not always particularly popular) don’t get swept under the carpet.
Super flexible too. Once created, you can amend, re-assign, limit, disable or re-enable tasks as needed. Check out our support article for more details on how to turn it on and how it all works.
Hope we’ve helped solve some of your work problems with the Recurring tasks plugin! If so, we’d love to hear from you! Tweet @mantishub and let us know what kind of automation you’ve set up with Recurring tasks. Or reach out to us at any time with your feedback.
If you’re already a MantisHub customer you know that having Mantis hosted rather than running it all yourself is a huge plus. Instant setup, no upgrade, maintenance or backups overhead and access from anywhere! You also get access to their excellent support team who can help out and listen to all your feedback. Continue reading
The beauty of hosting with MantisHub is that you will never need to worry about the retention, accessibility or integrity of the data stored in your MantisHub issue tracking system.
All the advantages of cloud hosting are at your fingertips. Like logging into your system from any place or any machine securely. No need to worry about the security of your servers or disaster recovery. MantisHub hosting is robust, reliable, and secure, with daily backups of your data. Continue reading
You will rarely be using MantisHub issue tracker in isolation. As long as you have an internet connection you can be on a remote island connected to MantisHub but I bet you won’t be the only one on. Hopefully you have a whole team of users, reporters, managers, stakeholders, collaborators that you can bring together to make your visions a reality. That’s the goal right? Continue reading
In December we rolled out a bunch of new updates including:
- Using API Tokens to access MantisHub for enabling generation of tokens to be used by services and apps to connect to MantisHub without sharing user’s passwords.
- Understanding Email Notifications via EventLog Plugin – often actual email notifications are different from administrators expectations due to MantisHub config or user preferences. Installing this plugin helps administrators figure out the reason why users get or don’t get notified about a change.
- Support for issue notes as a column that can be selected via Manage Columns. The typical usage would be to export issue notes to CSV or Excel.
- Support for exporting billing information to CSV or Excel, providing users with the ability to edit the information in Excel before sending to clients.
- Custom field “required on resolve” wasn’t being enforced.
- Disallow deletion / disabling of last administrator to make sure administrators can’t lock themselves out.
- Fix for email notifications on update where email notifications on issue updates were not triggered when email notification configurations were overriden.
- MantisTouch was updated with several fixes and improvements.
We would like to take this opportunity to wish all our users a Happy new year. Best wishes for 2016.
Often users are not sure why user X did or didn’t receive an email notification about an action on issue Y. We have added support for EventLog plugin which when installed helps answering this question by showing the action, its timestamp, who triggered the action, the high level description, and why users were added or removed from the notification list.
To install the plugin, administrators can go to Manage – Manage Plugins and click the install link next to the EventLog plugin. This will start the process or recording such diagnostic information. Once done, you can go to the same place and uninstall the plugin.
If the behavior is different than you expect, then it will likely be due to configuration or user preferences. Feel free to contact support for help.
Here is a screenshot showing some sample output for the EventLog plugin that administrators can access by going to Manage – Event Log.
MantisHub now has a new feature to keep you across your MantisHub usage as well as the status of your plan.
If you’re wondering how many team members, issues or projects you have, administrators can now readily access that information via your ‘Manage’ page. Continue reading
We’ve just launched our new support portal to replace our blog and docs sections of our website. The new support portal provides several benefits to our customers like:
Search – Search is now a core feature of our documentation, providing customers with the ability to easily find the answer to their questions.
Conversations – Customers can engage with contents, ask questions, provide feedback, etc. This wasn’t easy before in the context of existing documentation.
Voting – Customers can thumbs up / down an article to give us feedback on whether they found it helpful or not.
Sharing to social networks – Customers can now easily share our blogs and articles to their preferred social networks including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google+.
Support portal integration in in-app support – Our in-app support widget, which is now visible in the “Manage” section of your MantisHub, starts off with providing answers from our documentation which may answer the user’s questions right there. If that is not the case, then the questions are sent to our support team that would then respond.
Reducing friction for publishing – With the new portal, we have simplified our process for publishing new content. Hence, with that we should be publishing more content quicker, providing more customers with instant answers.
Let us know your thoughts about both the content and infrastructure. We are always looking for ways to simplify our offering and get customers productive and focused on their projects.
We’ve just rolled out the ability for administrators to upload their company logo to their MantisHub. This can be done as follows:
- – Prepare a logo image file in .png format with size less than 50K. If image height greater than 80 pixels, it will be reduced to 80 pixels.
- Click “Manage” – “Manage Configuration” – “Logo”
- Select the file to upload and click “Upload”.
- Click the browser refresh button.
Any simple image editing tool can be used to change the logo file format and resize it while maintaining the aspect ratio. For example, on Windows, Paint Brush (pbrush.exe) can be used to get the job done.