MantisHub team is excited to announce the release of Open ID federation support for single sign-on! With our AuthHub plugin, we provide open ID connect with multiple identity providers. Continue reading “Single Sign-on via Open ID Connect for Office 365, Google, Github and Bitbucket”
API tokens provide users with more control, convenience, visibility and security when providing other services and apps access to their MantisHub.
Here are some of the benefits of API tokens compared to use of passwords:
- Tokens are 32 characters long and cryptographically secure, hence, they are much more secure than user passwords.
- Tokens are generated by MantisHub, hence, they are not going to be shared passwords with any other internet services that the users use.
- Users have visibility on when each token was last used to access MantisHub.
- Users can revoke one of the tokens without impacting others. Hence, can selectively deny access to specific services.
- Users can change their passwords without affecting the validity of the API tokens.
Users can generate API tokens via their My Account – API tokens. The tokens are only displayed once and should be used for one integration. The tokens can be passed in the password field when calling the MantisHub SOAP APIs. Note that it can’t be used to login via the MantisHub login page.