If you are like a good chunk of the world at the moment, you’re being responsible and staying home as much as possible to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. That means, of course, that many companies have mandated a work from home policy. Continue reading “Boost your team’s work from home productivity with MantisHub”
At MantisHub we have been working for a while on the new modern REST API for remotely accessing MantisHub data and configuration. We now feel that we have enough coverage of MantisHub functionality to encourage our users to switch to it. The API can provide a great way to integrate MantisHub into your build system, IDEs, test management systems, other SaaS applications, or your own applications. Continue reading “Announcing MantisHub REST API”
API tokens provide users with more control, convenience, visibility and security when providing other services and apps access to their MantisHub.
Here are some of the benefits of API tokens compared to use of passwords:
- Tokens are 32 characters long and cryptographically secure, hence, they are much more secure than user passwords.
- Tokens are generated by MantisHub, hence, they are not going to be shared passwords with any other internet services that the users use.
- Users have visibility on when each token was last used to access MantisHub.
- Users can revoke one of the tokens without impacting others. Hence, can selectively deny access to specific services.
- Users can change their passwords without affecting the validity of the API tokens.
Users can generate API tokens via their My Account – API tokens. The tokens are only displayed once and should be used for one integration. The tokens can be passed in the password field when calling the MantisHub SOAP APIs. Note that it can’t be used to login via the MantisHub login page.