Kinda excited about this one! We’ve now re-invented our hugely popular email reporting functionality and it’s been reborn as our MantisHub Helpdesk!
Customers can email your MantisHub Helpdesk email address to report issues straight into your issue tracker. Your customers will be notified via email when issues are updated with public notes or if the issues are resolved, closed, or re-opened.
It’s sooo simple to get going. It’s installed by default so all you need to do is to enable it! All the configurations options are there for you to tailor as you wish or just leave our common sense defaults.
MantisHub Helpdesk provides you with the following features:
- Your customers can email in support requests and they will be automatically added to the appropriate MantisHub project. They don’t need to be registered as users in your MantisHub.
- Your teams can use MantisHub to manage all their internal and customer reported issues. No need to work with multiple tools.
- Teams can interact with customers by adding notes and resolving the issues.
- Teams can use private notes to collaborate on the issue, without customers receiving notifications about such internal communication.
- Customers are able to reply to any of the issue related email notifications and their responses will be captured as notes on the issue.
Check out our KB article on how to use MantisHub Helpdesk.
You can also check out the Snippets plugin which is used to create pre-canned responses for those common helpdesk questions.
These 2 features combined can set you on the way to having a integrated software issue tracking and helpdesk support system!
Told you it was exciting :).
MantisHub’s latest update has a few hidden gems. One of our favorites is support for @ mentions to loop in your co-workers or customers into conversations around issues. This will triggering notifications that they are mentioned in issues or associated notes.
In line with what all the other cool services are doing (twitter, github, etc) you simply type @joe (where ‘joe’ is the username) in an issue summary, description or a note. Joe will be emailed the note with a link to the issue and content where they were referenced, providing context of what they are being asked to respond to.
The email notifications for mentions has a distinguished subject, so you won’t miss out on items that you need to action. The feature is also extra useful when mentioning someone that wouldn’t have otherwise even got a notification about your new note or issue.
For @ mentions to work for you team, you should follow these guidelines for usernames:
- Don’t use email addresses as usernames. Note that if you use a snappy & short username, login with their email address will still work!
- Don’t use spaces in user names.
More details in our KB article.
MantisHub have now rolled out some updated to our tags feature. Some of which our customers have asked for!
Tags are useful as another way to categorize your issues and with our latest update now you can:
Add a tag to your issue when reporting it.
- Instead of going into your issue after creation to add a tag, we’ve now added it to the report an issue page so you can simply attach it at the time of creation
Tags can be added to your columns on view/print issue pages.
- tags is now an option when you manage your columns so you can now add it to the fields in your issue that is displayed in the View Issues or Print Issues pages.
Export Tags via CSV and Excel.
- since tags are now an option when managing your columns, you can now include these fields in you Excel and CSV exports.
Tags information included in email notifications
- If you’ve set a tag in your issue it will now appear in your email notifications so everyone is up to date.
Check out our knowledge base for more information on using tags.
Now go ahead and play around with it. Tag! You’re it!
“Toggl’s time tracker is built for speed and ease of use. Time keeping with Toggl is so simple that you’ll actually use it.”
The folks at Toggl have created a simple and fast time tracking feature. For companies that need to match time spent against issues, projects and users, Toggl makes it super easy to record and report on time spent.
So MantisHub have just rolled out a new integration with Toggl to put this great tool at your fingertips. Simply install the Toggl chrome extension and you can now record your time when working on an issues with just a click.
Select the issue that you’re working on in MantisHub and you’ll see the shiny red button at the top of the page. Click the red button to start the toggl timer and it will create a toggl record automatically populated with your MantisHub issue details!
Once you’re done, you can stop the timer or just move straight onto your next issue, where you”ll find that shiny red button again. Install the Toggl app for a great way to manage your timer and you can switch between issues here as well.
Just another example of how the team are working to make your MantisHub experience more productive.
For those of you who have already signed up for a free trial, here’s a tip to get you going.
If you log into your new trial and head to your ‘My View’ page we have a little Getting Started guide for first time users. It covers the steps involved to get projects going and create issues.
If you’re tired of reading and you just want someone to tell you how to do it, we just put together a little walk-through video for you. Go ahead and check it out!
We know you’ve probably got a long list of possible issue and bug trackers that you could use and may have already signed up for a bunch of trials. We want to help you out!
Now when you sign up for a our free trial, you’ll automatically be subscribed to our 10 day email training program to walk you through everything you need to know to determine if MantisHub is for you. We’ll cover the basic getting started tasks, our great features and plugins, customization options and much more. You’ll also have the opportunity to take advantage of our special offers!
We feel priviledged that we made it onto your list and don’t take that for granted. Time is a valuable commodity and we’ve highlighted the great things about MantisHub into 10 bite sized email for you.
If you still have questions, our friendly support team can answer them for you. Just drop us an email at email@example.com
MantisHub provides several possibilities for connecting with other systems. Whether it is through email reporting, CSV import/export, or through its API. Among these, the API is the most powerful and automation-friendly way to extend MantisHub.
So if you are a developer, the API will enable you to create great end-to-end scenarios. Whether it is to auto-create issues for build failures, crashes in production, or sending daily reports based on pre-defined filters.
To make this easier, we have created client libraries that provides an easy way to leverage the API. We’ve open sourced these libraries and made them available through our github organization.
Since MantisHub API is SOAP based webservice, it is also easy to auto-generate proxy clients for any language using the appropriate language specific tool chain.
So whatever integration or automation scenario you have in mind, checkout out our API.
The possibilities are endless…
For some companies a simple bug tracking tool without the hassle and complexity of installing, maintaining and supporting it in-house is the best fit. Some companies just want to get up and running now, while keeping their team focused on their business! If a cloud solution is the best fit for you, take a look at MantisHub.
Utilizing the great features and usability of the highly popular MantisBT, MantisHub offers a bug and issue tracking software service solution so you can avoid the setup and maintenance overhead.
When you sign up with MantisHub for your issue tracking needs, what you’ll get is:
- Premium Support by the people who know MantisBT best,
- Automatic Software Updates for bug fixes,
- New Features as they are available which may not be available yet on MantisBT (e.g. modern UI, enhanced plugins, advanced email reporting) and
- Daily Backups to secure your data.
- Latest security updates.
With a free trial period, no credit card requirement, plans starting as cheap as $15 per month (even cheaper for annual plans) and no long term commitment there is no excuse not to SIGN UP NOW.
Check out this walk through video for how to sign up and get going in 2 minutes.
In December we rolled out a bunch of new updates including:
- Using API Tokens to access MantisHub for enabling generation of tokens to be used by services and apps to connect to MantisHub without sharing user’s passwords.
- Understanding Email Notifications via EventLog Plugin – often actual email notifications are different from administrators expectations due to MantisHub config or user preferences. Installing this plugin helps administrators figure out the reason why users get or don’t get notified about a change.
- Support for issue notes as a column that can be selected via Manage Columns. The typical usage would be to export issue notes to CSV or Excel.
- Support for exporting billing information to CSV or Excel, providing users with the ability to edit the information in Excel before sending to clients.
- Custom field “required on resolve” wasn’t being enforced.
- Disallow deletion / disabling of last administrator to make sure administrators can’t lock themselves out.
- Fix for email notifications on update where email notifications on issue updates were not triggered when email notification configurations were overriden.
- MantisTouch was updated with several fixes and improvements.
We would like to take this opportunity to wish all our users a Happy new year. Best wishes for 2016.
Did you know you can personalize your MantisHub? We don’t need our name everywhere on your MantisHub. Make it your own by having your company name and logo displayed.
You can read about how to do this in our KB articles via support.mantishub.com or check out this how-to video for a walk-through.